Most people genuinely want to repay loans or pay their bills; however, sometimes circumstances arise that prevent an individual from complying with financial contracts or there is a breakdown in relationships that cause a debtor to refuse to pay. Whether it is small scale debt collection or large institutional collection portfolios, Kuefler Stevenson Bennett has more than three decades of successful collection experience and can help you to recover monies owed. Our specialized concentration on collection work has enabled us to develop systematic approaches that include:
- Review and set up of receivable management systems
- Background review and assessment of recovery potential on default
- Legal demands for payment and follow up contact to encourage structured repayment
- Commencement of legal proceedings both in Court of Queen's Bench and Provincial Court and prosecution of claims to judgment
- Judgment enforcement using all of the mechanisms available including asset investigation and tracing, writ proceeding seizure, garnishment, sale of land and all of the tools available under Alberta's Civil Enforcement Act
We have the means and experience to deal with debt collections in an effective and cost-conscious way.